Information for Contributors
The most complete and up-to-date version of our documentation for contributor users and about contributor status is maintained at the MorphoSource Documentation Wiki. Nonetheless, some of the information there is mirrored here for easy access.
What Is Contributor Status?
Contributor status is needed to do the following actions on MorphoSource:
- Upload new media
- Edit or delete existing media
- Create a new project or team
- Edit or delete existing projects or teams
- Participate in projects or teams
- Manage data that has been shared with you or transferred to you
Contributor status is needed to have the following Media User Roles on MorphoSource (see Definitions of User Roles for Media on the full documentation wiki):
- Be the "Data Manager" of a Media record
- Be a "Data Editor" of a Media record
Contributor status is needed to have the following Project or Team Member Roles on MorphoSource:
- Be a "Project/Team Manager" of a Project or Team Record
- Be a "Project/Team Editor" of a Project or Team Record
- Be a "Project/Team Depositor" of a Project or Team Record
How To Become A Contributor
After creating a MorphoSource account, visit Become A Contributor and supply a few details about the media you intend to contribute to MorphoSource or your reason for applying to be a project member or data manager. An administrator will check your application, and you will either be approved or hear back with additional questions or instructions presently. Thank you!
The specific information that will be requested from you when you apply for contributor status includes:
- The nature and purpose of the data you intend to contribute, or your reason for applying for project member and/or data manager status
- Organization (Institution, museum, university, etc.)
- If you are a graduate student, the name, email, and professional affiliation of your advisor
- Approximate size of the data you intend to contribute in gigabytes or other appropriate units